Thursday, January 27, 2011

They are growing up.





The kids are growing up way too fast for me. There were times I thought I would never feel that way, but I do.

We took Abby's first park trip on Friday last week. This is her reaction. I am glad to see that she enjoyed it. It was a little chilly out for her, and she needed a nap, so she took one.

Nicholas loves the park. I am teaching him how to pump his legs on the swing so I don't have to push him. Sometimes he gives up and turns over and swings on his stomach. We use the big kid swings now, and he loves them.

This is Abby and Nicholas as we are ready for church on Sunday. He's a little tired (hence the glazed eyes). She's in her first dress. It is a 3 month dress, and is retired as too small. She's wearing 9 month legging underneath.

Either Carters has their sizing off or I have a big girl, or both - but that 3 month dress was too small at 2.5 months and the 9 month leggings were just right.

Today we went to feed the birds. This is a pond off Sunrise, and there were tons of birds there. Tons. Nicholas saw it from the road and made me stop so we could feed those birds. I tried to get him to wait and go to the pond in Anatolia, where he might actually be able to throw the bread into the water, but he wouldn't. So he tossed it as far as he could. I could make the water.

He wanted to run into the pond and feed the birds by hand. But I told him that's not how you feed birds at a pond. Maybe we will have better success next time. The birds did come eat eventually. As we were driving home they were all over there and Nicholas was proud to have fed the birds.

This is a picture of Abby from today. She's super big. Notice the red halo of hair on her head. We are proud parents of a red head. And she already knows that mom loves her - just read her onesie!

No comments: