Monday, January 3, 2011

Dec 18th: Cookie Decorating Party






I held a cookie decorating party on Deb 18th. It was just for fun. It happened to be the same Saturday as a BYU game, so it gave me something to do while Jon watched the game. Actually, I love throwing parties and I love Christmas, so this was a good combination. Lots of people came and went, and lots of cookies were decorated.

Even more little kids were decorated. For some reason I thought that spoons were better for frosting than knives would be. After all, kids would range in age from 1 on up (there were younger kids there, but I figured they wouldn't be doing any cookies decorating). So spoons it was - plastic ones (easier to clean up after). Paper plates and cups - everything was disposable.

Adults ended up making cookies too. It was great. Sprinkles, M&M's, chocolate chips, frosting . . . you wouldn't believe how much can be piled on a cookies and still kids will eat it.

And some kids ate just the frosting. Or just the sprinkles. Poor moms - I sent all the kids home sugared up. Way sugared up. And they all played too.

There were arts and crafts for those that didn't want to do cookies - or those who tired of cookies.

I loved every minute of the party. It was fabulous, and I had a ton of fun. I hope all the people who came had fun too because it was a total blast.

Christmas truly is the most wonderful time of the year and it was my pleasure to share it with so many friends.

No comments: