Monday, April 26, 2010

Pigs are flying!

I never thought this day would come. Ever since we put Nicholas in a big boy bed in early March, he hasn't taken a nap in it. Sure, he takes a nap on me or Jon after he falls asleep in the car, but never in his bed.

But I still put him down for "nap time" every afternoon when he's home. Nap time normally means he reads to himself, plays with his stuffed animals, and does strange things in his room. He was making tons of noise in there today, and I could hear him reading "Cat in the Hat" to someone (maybe just to himself). So I left, went downstairs, had lunch, and then came back to check on him. I really came back to take him out of his room and go play....but he was sleeping!

I quickly looked out the window to see if pigs were flying, but no. Nicholas had removed all the blankets from his bed, all the sheets, and is sleeping on the mattress cover. But he's napping! On his own, and in his own bed! I thought this day would never come!

On a side note - 3 days until comprehensive exam #1. Then 3 days after that I have comprehensive exam #2. Then my life will be back to normal, although I forgot what that is. I haven't read a book that's not exam related since January. I haven't played many games, had fun, or done things that aren't exam related since January. I wonder what it will be like, having this time back.

No comments: