Monday, April 12, 2010

How time flies

Is it really April 12th already? Time flies so quickly.

Happy late Easter everyone. Michelle and Eric (Jon's brother and wife) were here with their five kids this past week. Wow. You know how one kid makes a mess, and two kids make more of a mess....imagine 5 kids and the noise they make. I am continually amazed that Eric and Michelle are sane. I certainly couldn't do what they do.

We had an Easter egg hunt for the kids on the Saturday before Easter. Nicholas has never done it before, and he just had a bag to put them in (which he didn't care about). Nicholas and Micah (they are both 2) were given a head start and Nicholas ran to an egg stared at it, then picked it up and looked at me with a look that said, "Now what am I supposed to do with this." So I showed him how to open in. That was the end of any reservations Nicholas had. There was candy, bubbles, chalk, and play dough to find in the eggs. Nicholas was an "egg finder" as Jon says. He would find an egg. Open it into the bag (or the ground) choose something to eat, then move on to the next egg. He had a ton of fun, and I really want the pictures Eric took because I forgot to bring my camera.

The Wednesday after Easter we went to UC Davis' Mind Institute. Nicholas has been going there since he was 3 months old. If anyone has kids, you should go there. They need kids to participate in experiments all the time. They watch movies and this thing tracks their eye movement, or they play with toys and someone watches how they do. Or they can sit and talk with an interviewer and answer questions. It is great. You help them understand how children develop and your kid gets a prize - Nicholas chose a little bendable frog this time. The coolest one we ever got was a t-shirt (6 month size) that said "I graduated from UC Davis Mind Institute." Older kids get giftcards to Target for participating. Here's the link: Mind Institute
Click on the link to get there. Everyone who can should participate it is great. They even will rate your child's vocabulary and development.

Well, as usual, I am working on my comprehensive exams. They are in 17 days and 21 days. If I can only pass them both I will be good.

Jon is slaving away at the Department of Finance. He's looking at some serious work time next week, but until then he's going the 8-5 thing and Nicholas and I love having him at home.


No comments: