Saturday, April 17, 2010

My new favorite item in the house


So, everyone has a few favorite things of theirs in the house. In the past mine have included (and still include) my laptop, my sewing machine, my son and husband (when they are home), pictures and some of my favorite shoes. But I have a new favorite item - my Serta memory foam mattress topper.

See, my mattress is old. Not that old, but old. It has gone through a few moves, and has been used on a regular basis. So the springs are getting creaky, there are dents forming in it - all what happens as a mattress ages. I thought we would get a new mattress soon, but then I started looking at prices and said, "let's put it off." In the meantime, you wake up with all those aches and pains you get when you mattress isn't that great.

Enter the Serta memory foam mattress topper. I got mine at overstock.com, although I am sure there are other places you can get them. I got the 4 inch one, since it was not that much more expensive than the 2 inch one. And what a difference it makes.

You simply place it over your old mattress, under your mattress protector and your sheets. Then sleep. It i so fabulous. You don't even know there is an old mattress under it. You wake up feeling great, the way you should after a good night's sleep. Even better - it doesn't transfer motion. So when the husband rolls over, or Nicholas jumps on his dad in the morning, I don't move because there is no motion transfer. It is nice.

Anyways, it is my new favorite item. I just wanted to let people know they are out there because it is MUCH cheaper than buying a new mattress and makes the bed just as good. On the other hand, the bed is not 4 inches taller.

No comments: