Tuesday, November 2, 2010

The recliner


My mother and grandmother got Nicholas a child sized recliner. It came in today. I told him he had a present from grandma and great-grandma. He was super excited, ate all his dinner (including veggies) and was jumping up and down to get his present. So Jon and I abandoned our dinner and Jon got the box. It was a huge box and the first request was to "please add another room to my fort." The box is going in the recycling because the fort is big enough. But he loves his chair. He got in it right away. Then he saw the cup holder, ran and got his water bottle, put his water bottle in the cup holder, sat down - and didn't move for 15 minutes. He had us get him books and sat in his chair, reading. I told him I wanted to sit in it and he said "No. It's for me, Nicholas, only." And when his dad accidentally brushed by it, he got very offended and told his dad "No touch my chair."

So he loves it. Another successful present from grandma and great-grandma. I can never get him presents this good.

No comments: