Tuesday, November 9, 2010

Abby is here!


Abigail Scarlett Wunderlich was born on 11/8 at 6:36 am. She is 6 lbs, 12 oz, 20 inches and has red hair. She really looks like her father. As soon as I upload pictures, I will post some here so everyone can see her. But she's adorable!

She slept her whole first day in this world. Slept and cuddled - with me, with her father, with the grandmother and grandfather, and even Nicholas got in on the holding action (his dad helped him).

My water broke at 3:03 am so we headed into the hospital. We were going anyways because the contractions were 10 minutes apart, but we assumed they would stop and they would send us home. Then my water broke. I found this a hilarious experience and was laughing super hard while it was happening and standing in the tub so it didn't get everywhere. Funny thing is, no one ever tells you what to do once your water breaks. I mean, how do you get new clothes on without getting everything all over? What about walking to the car?

Jon was a great driver, going as fast as he could. Which was perfect because the contractions were super strong and every 3 minutes. And getting stronger. Who knew things happened so fast? I was induced last time, so this time was totally different.

Kudos to Kaiser for having me in the operating room with the spinal in place by 6:15am. Then Abby was born. And since I kept complaining about pain, they knocked me out and put me to sleep. When I came to, it was 8-ish and no one had held Abby yet because her temperature was super low. Finally everyone got to hold her. Dad first, then grandfather, then grandmother. Then me.

She spent most of her first day sleeping. She occasionally opened her eyes to see the world. But she was basically asleep - and not really eating. So we shall see how the eating goes on day two.

I am doing great - I am feeling amazing. This time is so much better than the last. And the swelling is going down, the headaches are gone, the kidneys are functioning.....everything that was going wrong is much better. My blood pressure is back down nice and low. It is really going great.

Abby is such a love. It is a good thing that Jon and I love her so much. Jon is great with her, holding her and looking at her with such love.

We are so blessed to have her and we are super excited that she is with us.

2 comments:

Tera Nelson said...

So glad that all went so well and that you and Abby are doing great!! Congrats :)

Spencer and Jessica said...

Congratulations! Welcome little Abby.