Saturday, March 27, 2010

We are gardening

Our whole family spent some time gardening today. Nicholas, earlier, planted tomatoes - which didn't grow :( But he also helped plant onions, potatoes, and strawberries - which are growing. So he takes special pride in watering them. So here are some pictures from our gardening fun today.



This is my wonderful garden. I noticed the tomato plants were turning yellow, so I gave them some more food. I don't really understand why they have decided to turn yellow. They get enough sunlight. They are in a hole dug, and completely filled, with new, fertilized soil. I mean, I dug a hole that was HUGE for each plant, so that their roots could expand into good soil, rather than the clay we have back there. So they should be growing. Who knows what their problem is. All my onions are coming up (on the right) and some strawberry plants (on the left) and even a few potatoes (in the middle).



Nicholas likes to water the garden. Good thing I already really did the watering and fertilizing of the garden, since just as much water went on the patio as the garden!



After all the gardening was done Nicholas wanted to water the grass. He made Jon fill the watering can up again, and again, and again......and again. It lasted almost 30 minutes. Nicholas had great fun watering the grass and then yelling "grow" are the grass. Our grass is tall enough (it needs a trim), it doesn't need to grow anymore.

And that was our wonderful gardening time on Saturday!

No comments: