Friday, March 5, 2010

Our new house

So the first picture is a picture of our new house. I love the stone work in the front - and the colors are pretty awesome. It has a covered porch and some great windows. The windows now all have blinds on them - thanks to Dale and Jon. White blinds.

See the garage? We love having a garage. It means not having to walk in the rain with tons of groceries and Nicholas. It means we can go directly from the car into the house - and Nicholas can do it without his shoes on (which is good because recently he has been taking his shoes off in the car). It also means we have some storage space - the garbage cans and all the boxes we haven't gone through yet are out there. Some of the boxes are Christmas decorations - the rest I am kind of unsure about what they are. But the bikes are inside now too.

I love the simplicity of the yard. The automatic sprinklers do all the hard work and Jon does the mowing and occasional weeding. Although since there is bark, I don't know how much weeding we have to do.


So the next two are that kitchen and pantry. I love having a pantry. And all the drawers and space in the kitchen. We haven't even filled everything up yet. I am sure that will change since I love all gadgets to do with cooking. And the kitchen island is great too. We had the Super Bowl party here and served from the island.

The pantry also extends under the stairs - so it has a Harry Potter cupboard. I promise not to stick any kids under there. Although Nicholas does like to play there.

There are our stairs :) I love them (except when I was on crutches and the cane - then I hated them). They are a "u" shape, so Nicholas can only fall so far. Nicholas has his "time-out" stair (thanks for the idea TJ). It's the bottom one. When I tell him he is on time out he runs there, then lays down on it and starts to hum to himself. I guess he likes time out. He also likes to throw temper tantrums on that stair. He puts his head down on it, and then looks around to see if you are watching him. If you are, he keeps going. If you are not, he stops. He does the stairs all by himself whenever you make him. If you let him, he will ask you "up please" and get you to carry him up and down the stairs. His father and grandmother are particular suckers for that trick.

And just because, I included a shot of the Master Bath. It now has a blind too. Can you imagine taking a shower in the glass shower without blinds? Or a bath? My favorite fixture in the whole house is in this picture: the tub. It is HUGE. I can fill it up, put in some bubble bath, and have it all to myself. There is a door I can close to the rest of the house (and lock) and it is all mine! I love that tub.


Anyways, that is the house for now. More pictures to come.

1 comment:

AmyAnn said...

Love it! So beautiful!