Saturday, November 15, 2008

Finger Painting!

So we had our first finger painting experience on Thursday. I figured, he paints all the time with his food, why not see if he can create some real master pieces. So we went to the art store and got Crayola finger paints. They are non-toxic (which is good since he still eats everything in sight). And we also got some paper. Crayola had these other finger paints that only paint on the Color-Safe paper (where they don't color on anything but the paper, so there is theoretically no mess to clean up). But where is the fun in that?


So we started.


I was smart - he got stripped to his diaper and socks before we began. I put a towel down in the kitchen - figuring that floor is easier to clean than the carpet. And I put the paint onto a plastic plate, and put the paper in front of him.


First thing he did was dump the plate over. Onto the floor. Not onto the towel, but the floor. Then he was so excited he tried chasing the plate around the kitchen for a little bit. Then we got down to finger painting.




He made 5 pictures (I posted them below). In between the pictures, he did more plate chasing - which resulted in a new blue-green kitchen floor for me. He also did some body painting. Which resulted in a bath for him. And some wiping of my glasses for me. He got paint all over! But it was so much fun! I didn't even mind cleaning up. Can those paints clean up easily. All I needed was a warm, wet washcloth, and everything was clean again.




We are going to do this again in a heart beat.







As a side note, I never understood why my mother put all our creations on the fridge. They were incredibly ugly (in some cases). Yet they all went on the fridge. Now I understand. The finger paintings aren't a Picasso, but they are so precious. Ours got framed and will be put on the wall. Jon has one to take to work, and each set of grandparents gets one. So we shall see where they all end up.

No comments: