Monday, February 24, 2014

Workout update #2.

The working out is going better than the weight loss. Which is always how it goes with me. I like working out. I dislike worrying about my weight. Sometimes the two things go hand in hand, but they never seem to with my body. 

I've been doin crossfit workouts three time a week at my gym and running - well mostly walking - 5 miles the other two days. I sti teach karate at night and take class about three times a week. So it's not like I'm slacking on the active side.

The favorite torture instruments for me are the kettle ball, that Bosu ball thing, and a jumping box. Those really kill me. 

On the plus side, I have increased my squats by 40 lbs over the month. For reps. My one time squat max was done at 375 with a trainer spotting me. 

I've knocked 30 seconds off my mile. That mostly has to do with my physical therapist allowing me to run more. 

What's the upside of all this torture? I'm getting new to me clothes! My sister is a fabulous person and has recently dropped two or three sizes. So I get all her old stuff because I've dropped two sizes!

And I'm feeling better all around. I feel better at night. And if I really workout hard during the day, I can sleep very easily at night. 

A good nights sleep is really worth a lot to me. 

So that's my update this month. Stay tuned for next months update. 

No comments: