Friday, February 14, 2014

Children's Museum and taping for the news.

Sacramento has, every so often, Museum Day. Museums in the area waive admission so everyone can go. The museums are super busy, and I'd rather pay the admission price then try and go with all the crowds, but it's a good option to go places if you have a big family.
 Nicholas had fun playing in the water area. Specifically with the whirl pool. Do you see the Lego wall behind him? He got to build boats out of Lego Duplos. Then he played with the boats in the water. It was a bunch of fun for him.
Nicholas built something. He says it's a boat. I just liked that he built stuff. 


 Abby really liked the art area. Her favorite thing to do was paint on the glass wall. With the amount of fun she had, I'm seriously considering building one for our back yard that she can paint as much as she wants. Why the back yard? Because to clean it I can just spray it down. 




The reporter raced with all the kids while on TV.
One of the pluses of Museum Day is that various museums ask kids - or other patrons - to come and play while the news films a spot for them. The Sacramento Children's Museum put out a call for kids to come play an hour before they opened. Then you could stay as long as you want. Since we didn't renew our membership there, we haven't been in a while. Needless to say, I signed my kids up.

So we showed up at 8a, ready to play. And we played. For a while. They had a bunch of fun.

The reporter even had my kids on TV with her - racing boats. They really liked Abby with her red hair and ponytails. And her super nice smile. The background people who were there took my name and information and added it to their database so they could call me when they need some kids. It was a bunch of fun. I'm glad we went.

I'm also glad we don't have a museum membership there anymore - I think my kids have outgrown it.

No comments: