Wednesday, December 11, 2013

Thanksgiving - a bit late.

Who doesn't like Thanksgiving? I know the blog post is a bit late, like by a month, but better late than never. I'm going to try and write a blog a day, it's my new goal. I think I'm going to have to spend some nights just writing blog posts and scheduling them out. Hopefully they stay relevant for when I schedule them out. I hear successful bloggers do that - and I do it on the homeschool blog (www.wunderfulhomeschool.wordpress.com). Just not here. But I'm going to try.
I'm going to have to write the posts before I sit down and watch West Wing at night. It's my version of ESPN (watch it, get absorbed, then do nothing else). I don't know what it says that West Wing is my ESPN, but oh well. We had Thanksgiving with family. It was great. My sister takes great pictures and let all the kids jump on her (thanks Aunt Debby). I don't really let the kids do that right now because my stomach is still healing from the appendectomy. The incision pain and recovery might be less with the laproscopic procedure, but they still go through your stomach muscles which makes the recover just like a c-section. Except no new baby to take care of. Just you taking care of you - and being super sore and unable to do normal things like sit up. Thanksgiving was fun. We had deviled eggs, turkey, cranberry sauce - most of the traditional stuff. I made honey cornbread from scratch and it was amazingly good. I really liked it. So did the kids, and it has become somewhat of a regular thing here. Just some cornmeal, eggs, water, and honey. It's super easy and super good. Abby ate enough cranberry sauce to float a small boat. She's still eating it. I get it on sale after Thanksgiving because she likes it so much. Then she eats it for two months, then stops again until the next Thanksgiving. Nicholas just grazes, then begs his grandmother for ice cream - which she gives to him. It's been cold outside, but that doesn't stop my kids from jumping on the trampoline in the freezing cold. They find ice all over the yard, then move it to the trampoline and jump to break it. While in shorts and short sleeved shirts. Wouldn't it be fun to be that insensitive to weather again? Maybe not. But they love it and weather doesn't seem to cause them any difficulty. Well, it's Christmas season and we are going to be decorating right up until Christmas Eve. I love Christmas and decorating. I turn on the Christmas carols as soon as we leave my mom's house after Thanksgiving. And then they stay on until Epiphany. I love Christmas. So onto one of my most favorite times of the year.

No comments: