Thursday, March 17, 2011

Potty trained!

Friday was a big day for us. We went to Target to get Abby some new pants (someone needed 12 month clothes and she's only 4 months old). Nicholas saw Lightening McQueen underwear in the place where they keep all the baby clothes and toddler underwear. He went nuts and asked for it. I agreed, but said he had to use the potty if he wanted the underwear. He agreed.

We got the underwear, and he made me put it on him in the Target bathroom. We promptly went out on the rest of our errands, and I was cringing. But there were no accidents on Friday. He told me when he had to use the potty, and we went.

Saturday was hazardous, but we were at the SF Zoo, so that was understandable. But there have been no accidents since.

No accidents! I promised him a toy if there were no accidents Sunday through today, so now we get to go and get a new toy.

Everyone said that when he was ready he would do it, and that it could be done in a weekend. I didn't believe "everybody" but I should have. Nicholas did it in a weekend. We only had 3 accidents on Saturday, and we are done. He is even dry throughout the night.

So, now he's potty trained. He told me he would when he was three, and since that was Saturday, I guess he just decided. If I had known Lightening McQueen underwear would make the difference, I would have gotten it for him long before then.

Coming later today - Nicholas' birthday pictures!

No comments: