Sunday, October 17, 2010

Random things in the Wunderlich house

So, we have been "babysitting" a piano for 2 years now. I love it. It gives me a chance to play and we don't have to pay for one. But now the piano's owner wants it back. We are going to lose our piano :( It is a sad time for me, since after 2 years of playing I am just getting back to a proficient level (I hadn't played continuously for 6+ years, so it takes a while to get back into shape). And now I am going to lose my access to a piano. There is one at church, but I can only practice there on Wednesday nights, not whenever I want like I can at home. Piano playing has been my relaxation, and I am going to miss it. Of course, right now, with my super swollen fingers, I cannot do much piano playing, but I can at least pick out melodies and play simple toddler songs and teach Nicholas. Now that is all gone :(

Nicholas and Jon made race cars yesterday. Target has a $5 kit (from RoseArt) to make "bouncy bumper cars." They go forwards when you pull them back and bounce off things. Jon and Nicholas made them together yesterday and had a ton of fun. Needless to say, one car is daddy's and one car is Nicholas' - mom is not allowed to touch them. I get a very opinionated toddler telling me "no mommy, that's not yours," if I try and play with them.

We have been cleaning the house. While Nicholas sometimes refuses to pick up his toys (and sometimes he helps) he does always love to clean - if you are cleaning. If I am dusting, he needs a rag to dust with. If I am washing floors, he needs to help. And what is even better is he thinks this is all play. He loves washing floors. Some warm, soapy water and a sponge can keep him occupied for 45 minutes. He says "I'm making a soapy mess!" And I say "Yes." he giggles and loves it. Then he will even help dry it up by walking towels around the whole kitchen. He adores it. Which is nice because it keeps him occupied and gets something clean all at the same time. Which is not something that can often be done in our house.

Well, I am counting the days until I can have this baby. I want it out of me NOW! If anyone thought that being a mom might give me more patience, I can tell you that pregnancy takes it all away. I hurt, I can hardly move, and I am swollen like a marshmallow. My husband says that I look great and I think he needs new glasses. Nicholas tells me that I am getting big, like a cow. Or he calls me "mommy cow." So, I think that when a 2 year old is calling you a cow, it is probably time to have the baby. Plus, I am tired of being pregnant and my health is getting bad. So hopefully, on Thursday, I can convince my doctor that I need to have this baby NOW! Then the next post will be all about my gorgeous baby girl.

No comments: