Saturday, October 9, 2010

Bike riding

My mom got Nicholas a bike a few months ago. He has loved riding it around the house and sitting on it and being pushed. But recently, he has taken to riding it outside and is loving it. Of course, the helmet is required.

He always starts at the front door, and this requires Jon to help him down the step onto the sidewalk and help him stop the bike when it gets to the bottom of the small slant on our front walk. But from there, Nicholas takes over.



He does this strange thing where he tries to pedal for a while, then takes his feet off and watches the pedals move. But then he's not paying attention to where he's going and eventually hits something. He looks at which ever parent is with him with a confused expression and says "I hit it" or " Why I stop?" But then he gets back on and keeps going.



He gets Jon to push him sometimes so he can work on his steering.



But he really enjoys the bike. I am not sure what we are going to do now that it is Fall. He's going to try and talk me into letting him ride the bike in the rain. I know he is. And if his dad goes with him, I might just give in.

No comments: