Friday, January 2, 2009

New Problems for the New Year

So, if you haven't heard by now, I had a blood clot in my left leg. Luckily we caught it, and it was able to be cured with two injections of heprin (a blood thinner). But to do those injections they had to go through my calf muscle. So my leg hurts. For those of you keeping score, this is the same leg where my ankle is all messed up :)

But it is gone now, an ultrasound confirmed it had disovled, and they will check again on tuesday just to make sure.

Nicholas is fabulous. He has all four front teeth now. If you doubt me, I dare you to put your finger in his mouth. We used to think it was cute that he used our fingers like pacifiers. That was before he had teeth :) Now it just hurts. I bear many bite marks from my son. I don't know why, it's not like I taste good. He should bite his father.

He also likes to steel glasses off your face. So if you come and visit, keep your glasses out of his reach.

Which is hard for me to do because if I am holding him, his reach is longer than my arms. Jon just laughs.

Jon and I are still employed, which is a good thing. Although in Feb we are going to start having mandatory days off without pay. At least we get the day off right? And we still have jobs and health insurance - which I am greatful for.

Hope everyone had a grand New Year's Eve and Day. Happy New Year.

No comments: