Thursday, October 16, 2008

Nicholas Has Teeth

Ok - so Nicholas has teeth! They are so tiny, they are hard to see. But they sure are easy to feel :)

The way I found out his teeth were breaking through his gums is because he grabbed my finger last week and was sucking on it (like he normally does) and then he drew blood. The corner of one of his teeth had broken free and I had a little vampire on my hands. I was really excited. It meant that several of Nicholas' favorite habits had to be discontinued - mainly grabbing my fingers and sucking on them. But the corner was there - you couldn't see it - but you could feel it.

And then a few days ago you could actually see his teeth! The bottom two front ones are up, and I am so excited. It means that he can start chewing things, and we can start experimenting with more foods - well when he gets the top two in as well. But his current hobby is biting Cheerios in half, and then spiting out the half that is not in his mouth and then biting the other half into little pieces. He laughs as he is doing it. I think the sound amuses him. But then the Cheerios fall out of his mouth. It is really cute.

As a side note - he says "mama." Well, "mamamamamamamamama." And then I go to him and kiss him and praise him because mama came before dada :)

No comments: