Friday, February 25, 2011

Meet Spot



We went to IKEA. I thought I was watching Nicholas, but when we arrived at the checkout counter I realized my very stealthy son had done something - he had put a dog and a dog bed (stuffed of course) into the bag. I asked him what it was. He told me that he was "a good boy for sharing his stroller" and he wanted a treat. So I caved.

He thinks the one-child stroller is his because he has used it all the time. When I put Abby into it, and make him walk, there is a revolt in the Wunderlich household. But if I take the 2-child stroller he doesn't want to ride (normally). So when travelling to a store where the 2-child stroller won't work - like IKEA - I try the one-child stroller and a bribe for Nicholas. It's just this time he chose his bribe. He really was a good kid about it, especially because it was raining at IKEA.

So meet Spot. The newest member of the Wunderlich household. Spot sleeps in his bed, in Nicholas' room. Or in Nicholas' fort. It turns out that since Spot is Nicholas' baby - his words not mine - Spot also gets to hang out in the play pen when Abby's not there or in Abby's swing.

Who knew stuffed animals were such a chore!

No comments: