Wednesday, October 28, 2009

My favorite pictures from San Diego

So I promised pictures from San Diego - and I picked a few of my favorites. They are all posted at http://www.nicholaswunderlich.shutterfly.com/ if you want to see them all. But these are a few of my favorites.



Notice the huge smile? That's because he had a nap - the whole plane ride down! I included this picture so you can see all the luggage (everything behind him and to his side is ours). He's in a laughing mood in this picture, so he's enjoying himself. Which was great for me and my mom - because when he enjoyed himself, we enjoyed ourselves. This is at the car rental place when we went to pick up the car.



This is at the zoo. We went Friday afternoon and then again on Sunday morning. He really enjoyed the Sunday morning one (he slept through part of Friday afternoon). You can see he has the map - and he is trying to direct us around.



This is one of my favorite pictures. At SeaWorld they had this "Sesame Street Bay of Play." Nicholas came home with many Sesame Street characters (as of now, he likes to line them all up in his high chair and "feed" them crackers and milk. It is adorable). But in this play area, they had a section designated for kids under 36 inches (and they had people there to enforce it). There was this sunken area - the kids had to take off their shoes. They could run around in this tarp area, where there were different textures and densities under the tarp, which made them topple over somewhat. But there were also "blocks" - canvas covered foam. Nicholas ran around this area for hours at a time and stcked blocks. Sometimes he played with others, sometimes by himself. We went Thursday afternoon, Friday morning, Saturday afternoon and Sunday afternoon. Thank goodness for our unlimted access passes to SeaWorld, the Zoo and the Wild Animal Kingdom.



I just put this in because it shows my mom loving Nicholas and paying very close attention to whatever he wanted.



Ah - the stuffed animals. This is from Friday morning. We all went to the "Artic Zone" exhibit where they had polar bears and beluga whales. Nicholas loved the polar bear. The exhibit walks you through the various animal places, and has some interesting side effects and exhibits. Then it lets you out in a store (just like Disneyland). In the store, right at Nicholas' height, was a shelf of polar bears. He grabbed on and didn't want to let go. So he took it to my mom, kissed the bear, and my mom got it for him. The same thing happened with the penguins when we were done looking at them. And the whales.......see a theme? My mom spoiled Nicholas - and it was great to watch him love every minute of it.

Today he took his whole zoo - which now has a polar bear, panda bear, koala bear, giraffe, whale, penguin, Elmo, Cookie monster, Big Bird, cougar and tiger - into his bed for nap time. He put them all in bed, then told me he wanted to nap. And he curled up with all of them. It was really cute.

So these are some of my favorite pictures.

No comments: