Thursday, August 27, 2009

Finger painting... or is it body painting?

Nicholas loves the finger paints. He gets to play with them and make things turn colors - like the dishwasher, the floor and himself. He really likes turning himself colors. Occasionally that gets streched into turning mom colors as well, but oh well. It all cleans up with soap and water.



Yesterday was another finger painting day. It was really hot outside, and we had been on a walk already. I was looking for things to do inside, and I thought, we hadn't finger painted in a while, so why not finger paint? So I got everything set up. I put the paints onto paper plates - and he knew what we were daing right then. It was very difficult to get him stripped down so that we could paint.



He decided that he had enough putting paint on paper, and wanted to put paint on himself. I don't mind - like I said, it washes off. So he just grabbed handfuls of paint and smeared it all over himself.



Nicholas was put into the bathtub afterwards. He was unhappy with me because I just let the water run, without filling up the tub, while I tried to get most of the color off him. As it was, the water was a very interesting color. He eventually got his bath, but decided he'd rather try and help mommy clean up the finger painting mess. Which resulted in another bath.

It was a ton of fun though!

No comments: