Wednesday, December 3, 2008

The Weekly Update

So it has been a while since I have posted onto this blog. I just wanted to give everyone an update.

Nicholas is doing great. He crawls forwards at daycare, but not at home. At least, until yesterday. I saw him crawl forwards. But, as usual, when his father came home he just regressed to being held and standing with his dad. And playing - lots of playing.

We had a great Thanksgiving. Thank you to everyone who made it so great. Nicholas had turkey, mashed potatos and stuffing. He loved the stuffing. He's not the biggest fan of turkey. We still made him try it. He makes faces :) He also had ice cream (thanks Mom and Debby). He did like that. He makes a face at first (it's cold!) and then smiles. Then he starts searching for more, reaching and grabbing for whatever you have that you gave him ice cream from. Like father like son.

We started decorating the house for Christmas. I have put up about half our stuff. I pulled out 2 of the 5 boxes and decorated. I didn't want to pull them all out and have them sitting around undone, so I only pulled out what I could get done. So now I have some Christmas. I will finish this weekend.

Nicholas has discovered a new love - Christmas decorations. Specifically the fake evergreen stuff in leaves and garlands. He loves it. He gets all excited and wiggly when he gets close. And then feels it and starts laughing and giggling. It really is quite cute. Except that I made these wreaths, and they are somewhat delicate. So it can be less than funny when he pulls stuff out of them and I have to repair them.

Nicholas is also pulling himself up on everything. I mean everything - his crib, sofas, tables and shirts. Yes - shirts. Even my necklace on occasion. He also tries on jeans and pant legs. This makes for a lot of destroyed shirts in our house - the necklines get all bent out of shape. But this is a good skill for him to develop. I cannot wait until he's walking.

As for me and Jon - we are doing well. We went to see our first movie since the new Indiana Jones came out - we went and saw the new James Bond movie on the day after Thanksgiving. It was a great James Bond flick. Action, girls, action and somewhat of a story line. It was great. I loved it. Jon liked it too. What was great was that we got to spend the time together, and Nicholas spent the time with his grandma and great-grandma.

Pictures are forthcoming, I have to charge the camera (the battery went dead). Then I will post new pictures of Nicholas.

In other news, I have lost 65+ lbs since Nicholas was born. I feel great. I am down 6 sizes in clothing - which is fabulous.

Jon's basketball team is doing well. He's getting out and playing with the guys - which is good.

And my classes are over next week. Then I can really start to feel like it is Christmas time!

No comments: