Monday, December 22, 2008

Sunday was the church Christmas program...

So Sunday was the church Christmas program.



I played flute (and really enjoyed it). I was also supposed to play a piano piece (O Love So Small). They gave me 2 weeks to learn this piece (I am not a good piano sight reader). It has 70 measures, no repeates, starts with 5 flats and has 7 key changes. None of the key changes lead to anything but a mess of flats and sharps. Needless to say, it is hard to practice when you don't have a piano at home, so I was scrablng between my mom's, Jon's mom's, the Parkers and the church building to practice. And then came Sunday. What a disaster! We started choir practice at 7:30 AM. I couldn't play the piece. I got through the first 20 measures before I would falter. So I made a hard decision, and gave it up. So I conducted that piece instead of playing. It was horrible!



But the flute playing was awesome, and any number of people told me so.



The one good thing from all of this - no one is going to ask me to play piano for the choir on short notice again.

No comments: