Friday, June 6, 2014

Santa Barbara here we are.

It's been two weeks since the move. Two weeks since I lost my big kitchen, amazing washer and dryer, and big yard. 

We've relocated to Santa Barbara. 

And I miss almost nothing. I miss my big washer and dryer the most. Everything else- well we are along due. 

The garage has been converted into a playroom/office. All I need now is some amazing bright fabric to hang on the walls to convert the "garage" look into something else. 

We are also almost unpacked. I have myself a month. But if I would just stop going to the beach all the time, I could be done in a day. 

As I write this I'm at the beach. We are listening to the waves. The kids are digging a really big hole. 

I've started running again. Running is not something I've enjoyed. Except - as it turns out- I can run along the beach and I really enjoy it. I also have a jump rope in the back patio, so I can do some body weight exercises and jump rope there. 

It's a pretty good relocation. Jon is loving his new job. He has plenty of problems to solve and is enjoying solving them. We really do like the more relaxed pace down here. 

When the house finally gets put together I'll add some pictures. 

No comments: