Wednesday, March 5, 2014

Karate tournament.

Medals!!! Lots of medals at the tournament. 
My children participated in their first karate tournament - Taekwondo tournament - on Feb 22. It was a tournament between the Pacific 5 Star schools - which includes our school - Anatolia Family Taekwondo.

My kids did great!!! They both did their best. So much of a tournament depends on what bracket you are placed in, and this was no different.

I also competed - but I went with the black belt women. It confirmed my desire not to compete anymore. However, since I'm an instructor, I'm supposed to compete and be a good example. I just don't like to compete anymore. I took 3rd in forms and lost in the first round in sparring - which is fine by me. I'm older, and don't want to spar that much anymore. I have to take care of my family and myself. Sparring can - but not always does - mess with those abilities.

I worked the whole tournament. In staging and judging so that the tournament could run well. Good thing I wore my tennis shoes - my feet were hurting by the end of the day.

Here are some great pics from the tournament:


Abby sure can kick. She has great extension.

Getting a good luck kiss from me before she competes.

Nicholas was way too cool for a good luck kiss or hug. But he got out there with his mean face and tried his best.

Medals!!!! He's so awesome.

This was Nicholas' bracket. 

Aunt Debby and Grandma came to watch the tournament. So did Dad.

Kiddos and me right before I had to leave and go judge another ring. I had to work the whole time as a judge - but I got to see my kiddos.

No comments: