Thursday, January 23, 2014

My home away from home

My home away from home. I spend a lot of nights, afternoons, and Saturdays here. It's Anatolia Family Taekwondo. It's my martial arts school. I'm one month into my training program. It's one month of solid training with under the guidance of my physical therapist. I had a big foot injury and an appendectomy last year in November. So my physical therapist sets limits so I don't over do it. 

Currently I am limited in jumpin jacks, jumping, and running. My stomach restrictions have been lifted, but my foot ones haven't. 

So I work around them. 

I'm also one month into my continued weight loss journey. I'm 8 lbs down. So that's nice. It would be nicer if clothing sizes wen down. But I'm trying not to focus on that so much. It doesn't always work, but sometimes I can get my mind off it. 

I'm doing more squats. Lots more. I like the way my butt looks :) it's important to a girl to have a nice bit. So squats are doin I for me. I'll keep those up. 

What else is working? Martial arts. 

Martial arts is a whole body workout and is doing wonders for me. I go early twice a week and get a good big workout in. Sometimes with others and sometimes by myself. It takes me an hour or so to do my 30 forms. And then I have weapons to practice. But mostly I do kicking and bag work when I'm there on my own. 

Bag work has a rhythm all it's own. It's stress relie and a great workout. After working out in bags your arms and legs are sore. It's a great feeling. 

So I'm still at it. Not always successfully some days. But I'm working hard to work out every day. 



No comments: