Sunday, April 21, 2013

Gluten-free, blueberry ricotta cake.

So I wanted to bake tonight. I found this great recipe that I wanted to try.

http://www.eatgood4life.com/2011/06/ricotta-and-blueberry-cake.html

From www.eatgood4life.blogspot.com


So I left out the sugar, because we are trying to reduce the amount of sugar we eat in the house. I figured it was fine. I also substituted gluten-free mix for the flour and lemon for lime juice. 

I made a blueberry sauce for the top - so that was good. A good sauce can mask a whole host of problems with a cake.

It turned out okay. My family liked it. I think it is as good as blueberry muffins. And so my kids will eat it for breakfast tomorrow I'm sure. After all - when offered blueberry cake or cereal, who can blame them for choosing cake? I certainly can't.

No comments: