Thursday, August 9, 2012

The poop puddle and the dairy.

Jon's family owns a dairy. Really his Uncle Carl does. So while we were in Idaho we went to visit.

It turns out that while Abby loves the cows, the cows don't like people. It might have something to do with having to get hooked to the milking machine when they see people. I wouldn't like people either in that case.

But the dairy also had horses we got to feed. We tried to feed the calves but they didn't want treats from people. Some disliked us south they ran into their little houses when my kids tried to pet them.

There's also a poop pond at the dairy. It's water that I run through the pile of poop that the cows make. It's really gross looking. Nicholas thought it was just the thing to throw rocks into because it made splashes o brown water. I just wanted to avoid him falling in.

The dairy also had dogs. That was Abby's favorite part of the dairy. And in the absence of sand, my children insisted on building gravel castles in the driveway.

At the end of the day we had a little water fight. I had the hose so I won. But Jon did manage to soak me with the buckets of water. Nicholas informed me that he wouldn't get his dad wet because Rey were a team and they had to get me wet. I used this as an opportunity to pull out the soap and give them baths outside. We were already wet. We might as well be clean.

No comments: