Thursday, April 5, 2012

Marine World. .. Or Six Flags

Whatever the name of the place is. It was fun. A big thank you to the Shupe's for letting us use their free tickets. We had a blast.

The weather was perfect. The kids wore sweatshirts all day. I wore one while sitting. While pushing a double stroller - fully loaded - up a hill I didn't need a sweatshirt.

When we got in without a question about Abby being under 2 I thought I was home free. But it turns out management was only waiting until the Shupe's left us to stop me and make sure she was under 2. Having been through this with Nicholas - who was also big for his age - I carry birth certificates with me. Besides, shouldn't this be asked before we get into the park?

Abby loves the rides. Nicholas took a while to warm up to them but eventually we did them all. I got to take in all my food - and the kids food. It turns out belong allergic to gluten has a nice effect at theme parks. I get to take in all my food.

We spent a lot of time with the animals. The lions were out and active. The giraffes hung out close to us. The dolphins in the Dolphin Experience area were playful and easy to see. There was even a penguin who followed my kids around their exhibit

A great time was had by all. My children now have Superman and Batgirl capes and are having an identity confusion moment. I want a Supermom cape, but they didn't have one.

It was a blast.

No comments: