Monday, March 5, 2012

Orange picking

Monday afternoons are now spent at my mother's house. We keep my grandmother company, I cool and do chores, and get more accomplished in a few hours there then I do in a whole week at home. And yes, I have my kids with me and I have to watch them while I'm working. I guess motivation matters for how I accomplish things.

So today we needed to do some stuff in the yard because my grandmother wanted us to. My job is simply to do what my grandmother says. Which is what I did.

My kids meanwhile picked oranges. They also dug in dirt and transplanted strawberry plants with their grandmother (a note to my sister - make your husband get more strawberry plants. Those are not going to make it!). Abby at a worm. Nicholas held a ton of worms and carried them to the "worm club" he made out of wet dirt so they could all play together.

A very good afternoon. Oh yeah, I will also be cleaning the rub where my children are currently on their third set of brown water. Who knew so much dirt could reside on them. I told my mom we should've made them strip and hose them off before bringing them in. But she decided that particular form of torture was too much for her precious grandchildren. I do it all the time at our house :)

No comments: