Friday, October 21, 2011

Things we all know can happen in less than 3 minutes....

Like with kids is filled with fun events that happen in under three minutes, like:

1. The older child filling a bowl of water and dumping it on the younger child - on the carpet - and calling it a bath.

2. Poop poop everywhere (this should need no explanation).

3. Every drawer in the kitchen opened - and they have baby locks on them - and everything pulled out.

4. Cheerios placed everywhere. You might mistakenly think our house is made of bubble wrap form the sounds.

5. Milk from the fridge was helpfully "poured" into cups for everyone.

So this all adds up to 15 minutes of fun for the children and about 3 hours of cleaning for me. I realize they are having fun. My mother just smiles serenely when I tell her these stories. I know inside she's laughing like a hyena. But at least she tries to commiserate.

No comments: