Monday, August 29, 2011

Professional photos and books....and other random stuff.

I just want to say thank you to my wonderful friend Erin L for taking these pictures and sending them to me. These are the first professional pictures I have of my children and they are great. It reminds me why you should have professional pictures taken every so often.

It just so happened that she came to the stake softball game with a new lens and wanted to try it out. I am certainly not opposed to my children being guinea pigs for photographers. If there are any other photographers out there, my children will happily be your guinea pigs.

On a side note, stake softball is over. I am sad. We have spent our past 3 Saturdays playing softball and it has been great. I have forgotten how much fun it is. Our ward's team won - by quite a bit - every time. Not that I am competitive or anything :)

My editor sent me a letter a few weeks ago at the beginning of August. It started with, "I like your book but..." Essentially, I need to add 20,000 - 30,000 words to my story. She had some suggestions for where good additions would be and what types of things I should add. So I am working my way through it. Unfortunately, the deadline is September 1, 2011. It is August 29, 2011 and I have 10,000 words to go to hit the minimum. So I guess I know what I am doing all night long. I will know by October 15th if the book is going to be published or not. So if not, I guess I am starting on a new book and seeing where it goes from there. Maybe I will submit this one to Amazon and Barnes and Noble for epublishing. Who knows. I am a little nervous to have people I know read my writing. People I don't know are fine, but people I know I am nervous about. So we shall see.

Our family is doing great. We are just having fun and hanging out as a family. I am enjoying this time of year. We get to go to all the fun attractions around Sacramento and they aren't very crowded because school is in session. So it is fun.

On the to-do list for this week is the zoo and sewing and book writing. Today is the zoo because it is free admission day. Nicholas and I spent Abby's morning nap looking at animals on various websites (for more information, see our homeschool blog). It was a blast and I am looking forward to taking him to the zoo and seeing all the animals in person. Everything else can wait until after the zoo.

No comments: