Thursday, May 19, 2011

Weight loss saga continues...

So as everyone knows, I'm trying to lose weight. And at the moment, I am having a lot of success. Some of it comes from having to eat gluten-free; all the junk foods you know and love are gone. Your snacks are cheese, yogurt, apples, and maybe some salami. Your meals are mostly healthy and made at home, because it is too hard to go out and find gluten-free stuff. So it is easier to moderate the food.

However, I have also joined a gym and started working out recently - I am in my second week of the gym now. I made going on walks part of our daily routine before the gym; I would pick a letter and we would go on a walk, finding things of that letter. I also made it a point to play more with Nicholas at parks and at home. So I was doing more.

Between the limiting food and burning more calories I am now down 68 pounds. I have gone from a ridiculous size 24 to a size 18. That's a lot of inches and pounds. I have done this once before. In the 2 years between Abby and Nicholas I lost 100 pounds, so I know it can be done. It just takes some serious will power. It means not enjoying snacks whenever they are offered. It means leaving butter off vegetables (and that really sucks) and working out, even when I am tired. It is difficult, but it can be done.

Now, I need to find a really good pair of shoes and a new workout bag since I think I deserve it. Hopefully, in a month, I will lose another 8 pounds and be down another size. I have figured it out, a size is about 2 inches off my waist, and 2 inches is about 15 pounds or so. So I can do this, I just have to have willpower. Thanks to everyone who is supporting me in my quest to do this.

No comments: