Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Savior of the World - the recap

Well. It is over.

In a way this is nice - I have my Saturday's back, I'm not running around, I'm not listening to the same music over and over, trying to figure out where we are going wrong and how to fix it.

In a way this is sad - I miss the people and friendships involved.

And there is always a let down after putting 7+ months into something.

But the production is over.

It went well. Everyone was great, the audience was great, and there were no major disasters. The audience was full each time. It would be considered a great show by any standards.

People felt the spirit and were really experiencing the feelings that occurred to Jesus' closest friends and apostles after his death. The cast did a great job with the closing number; truly showing the joy that people had upon learning of his resurrection.

Tera Nelson - as Mary Magdalene - made me cry every time as she performed her "Where is He This Morn" song. The best line in the whole thing is "Where is he who walked with us, where is he who prayed?" She sings this song while at the tomb, wondering where Jesus' body is. This was a very moving moment.

The choir was fabulous! They did everything that was asked of them and worked really hard to get to the point where they were. The women worked hard, at the last minute, to learn multiple accompaniment parts. The men worked hard to be strong and lead in the various songs. They sounded wonderful.

I'm just excited I got to be a part of it. I felt a little bad sometimes, knowing that everyone was a volunteer and I was being tough on them. But hey - someone has to be the heavy and make sure all the little things are being taken care of. That someone was me :)

And now I am excited it is over. I need a little break, and then maybe I will be ready to tackle this again.

Thanks to everyone who made this such a great performance.

If you are looking for pictures, visit: www.savioroftheworldcordovastake.shutterfly.com

No comments: